Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Muffin Binge

I had a craving for muffins today, and just had to whip some up. I ended up at the supermarket with no real direction, and waited for some inspiration. The apples in the produce department caught my eye, and I ended up with these beauties!


Okay, okay... I wouldn't exactly call these beauties either, I can never get those big mountainous muffin tops that I used to get before I switched to vegan baking... but these sure are damn tasty. Tasty enough to forget about their sad, stubby little tops. I kind of threw this together combining a few different recipes I had scanned over. I ended up with this recipe:

-The Dry Ingredients-
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger

-The Wet Ingredients-
2 cups peeled & chopped apples
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 cup of non-dairy milk (I used almond this time)
1/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat your oven to 375 F, combine your dry ingredients, the add your wet ingredients. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Then gorge yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment